Last Modified: June 19, 2018
Amendments to this Policy will be posted on the Sites and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Sites following the posting of any amendment will constitute your acceptance of that amendment.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact USADA at privacy@USADA.org or by phone at 719-785-2000.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
- Your data controller is United States Anti-Doping Agency, to the extent that it is processing your personal data.
- You can contact your data controller by email at privacy@USADA.org or by phone at 719-785-2000. You can also contact the data controller by writing to:
United States Anti-Doping Agency
5555 Tech Center Drive, Suite 200,
Colorado Springs, CO 80919-2372, USA
- USADA is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country in which you live.
2. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We only collect and share personally identifiable information regarding users of the Sites as described in this Policy. Except as noted in this Policy, personally identifiable information collected on the Sites is not shared with third parties without your consent.
We may automatically collect personally identifiable information from you when you access the Sites or the Services. We may also collect personally identifiable information from you through a number of voluntary sources on the Sites, such as responses, inquiries, registrations, reviews, comments, e-mails, postings, messages, photos or other electronic submissions and communications sent by you to USADA or the Sites. The personally identifiable information we may collect from you includes, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number and mobile number;
- Information about any sports you may play or with which you are associated;
- Username, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, employment information, and postal code;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to USADA.com for publication, such as your username, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and the address of your website;
- Physical information, such as height, weight and gender;
- Biographical and education information;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile device or associated with your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and drivers’ license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service;
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend with whom you have an existing business, non-business, family or personal relationship to the Sites or any other service of USADA;
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via fax, mail or in person).
We may also collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your device type and settings, software used, hardware used and browser type and operating system;
- Your IP address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Websites and other services you visited before and after visiting the Sites;
- Unique identifiers and connection information, including mobile device identification numbers and internet connection means (e.g., mobile operator, ISP, Wi-Fi connection) that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels and other similar technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to (including music applications, such as iTunes and Spotify), content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer including registry key information;
- Device signals such as Bluetooth and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and cell towers;
- Data from device settings such as information you allow USADA to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos;
- Information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots); and
- Standard server log information.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including without limitation, publicly available sources and other third parties, including sports played, results, schedules, statistics and other information. We also collect information when you interact with USADA through various media, including without limitation, social media, such as:
- Facebook. USADA may allow you to connect a Facebook page or profile to your USADA account, in which case we will access certain information from Facebook regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/page ID or profile ID, access tokens and sent posts. This includes the content of your posts and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Sites utilize the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clocking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remains anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. The Facebook tools also allow Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
- Twitter. USADA may allow you to connect a Twitter profile to your USADA account, in which case we will access certain information from Twitter regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens and sent posts. This includes the content of your posts and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, retweets, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by USADA to provide you with the Services and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Instagram. USADA may allow you to connect an Instagram profile to your USADA account, in which case we will access certain information from Instagram regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your posts and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by USADA to provide you with the Services and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Pinterest. USADA may allow you to connect a Pinterest page or profile to your USADA account, in which case we will access certain information from Pinterest regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, sent posts, and profile boards. This includes the content of your posts and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, re-pins, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by USADA to provide you with the Services and will not be shared with any third parties.
- LinkedIn. USADA may allow you to connect a LinkedIn profile to your USADA account, in which case we will access certain information from LinkedIn regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your posts and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by USADA to provide you with the Services and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Google+. USADA may allow you to connect a Google+ page or profile to your USADA account, in which case we will access certain information from Google regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your posts and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by USADA to provide you with the Services and will not be shared with any third parties.
We may share certain personally identifiable information with third party advertising companies to better target the advertising and other content displayed on the Sites and provide pertinent offers we think may be of interest to users. In addition, third party advertisers may receive certain personally identifiable information about you if you click on advertisements or company names displayed on the Sites or through the Services (and clicking on any advertisement or company name displayed on the Sites will be considered your consent to “opt in” for this transfer).
3. USE OF INFORMATION
- If you provide information for a certain reason, we may use the information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by email, we may use the information you provide to answer any questions or resolve any problems. Also, if you provide information about yourself, or have provided (or otherwise permitted the Services to access) any third party data, we will use your information and any such third party data to provide you with access to such services and to monitor your use of such services.
- We may use your personal data to further USADA’s legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of affected individuals.
- We may also use the information we collect through the Services to help us in providing the Services and support services, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Services, to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services and to understand how users interact with and use the Services, to associate your activities, customize content or tailor advertising across different devices and browsers that you use to access the Services or the Sites (for example, computers, tablets, mobile devices, applications and websites), to comply with state, local, federal or international laws, to enforce our Terms of Service and this Policy, as otherwise described in this Policy, or in assisting with other tasks from time to time. Please note that we may combine information that we collect from you and about you (including automatically-collected information) with information we obtain about you from our affiliates and/or non-affiliated third-parties and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
- We may also use data collected through the Services to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, contests, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- We may also use data collected through the Services to send communications relating to the Services, in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we may send periodic emails to registered users of the Services relating to their recent interactions with the Services. Also, if you use any feature of the Services permitting you to communicate with third-parties, either by submitting third party data to the Services or otherwise permitting the Services to automatically access third party data in your possession, you acknowledge and agree that you have the authority of the relevant third party for us to access and use the relevant third party data and that you have notified these third-parties and informed them how their information is collected and used by USADA to provide the Services. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in any messages that are sent to them. We may use third party data to (i) contact such third party using the third party data provided, and/or (ii) provide you with an editable template message designed to facilitate the communication between you and such third party through the Services. In addition to sending the foregoing communications, we may also send reminders or related messages to you and to third parties on your behalf from time to time where permitted by applicable law.
- If you access the Services through a mobile device, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding the Services by SMS, MMS, text messages, or other electronic means to your mobile device. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your USADA account information to ensure that your messages are not misdirected. Please note that your wireless service provider’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply where you access the Services through a mobile device. In addition, downloading, installing, or using some of the Services on a mobile device may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all the Services may work with all carriers or devices.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- With your consent, we may share your contact information with third party marketing partners. For example, we may offer access to relevant services if you allow your information to be shared with third parties so that they can contact you by email, telephone, postal mail or other common communication methods about their products or services.
- We share your contact information with third party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide the Services and not for any other purpose.
- USADA continues to expand its online presence in order to offer users rich and deep interactive experiences. Where permitted by law, we may share information we collect about you with any affiliate companies, so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- We may share your information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of USADA, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
5. DATA RETENTION
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about the Services, give you important updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable laws and regulations and USADA’s detection and prevention of fraud. We will also retain and use your information for anti-doping purposes, as permitted by applicable law and regulations.
6. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
We provide you with a choice whether to receive certain e-mails. We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes. If you are a user of the Sites or the Services and you no longer wish to receive e-mail, mail, or telephone calls from us or have your e-mail address or postal address shared with third parties, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail, mail, or telephone calls from us or having your e-mail address or postal address shared with third parties. All opt-out requests can be made by emailing us at privacy@USADA.com, or writing us at:
United States Anti-Doping Agency
5555 Tech Center Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80919, USA
7. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Where possible, the USADA server automatically recognizes each visitor’s IP address. We also collect information about how visitors use the Sites (for example, what pages are viewed). This information allows us to improve the content of the Sites, the Services, and facilitate market research.
8. COOKIES, FLASH COOKIES, AND WEB BEACONS
- A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other personally identifiable information; however, we may link the information obtained through cookies to other personally identifiable information to give us a better understanding of your preferences, so that we can provide a more meaningful experience to you on the Sites and with the Services. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Sites or the Services and will last longer.
- Most web and mobile devices automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Sites or the Services.
9. OTHER WEBSITES; LINKS
Certain websites of USADA’s affiliates, promotional partners, advertisers, sponsors, and other third party websites are accessible through the Sites. These third party websites have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. USADA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR PRIVACY POLICIES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES. YOU SHOULD CHECK THE APPLICABLE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THOSE THIRD PARTIES WHEN PROVIDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THROUGH LINKED WEBSITES.
In addition to the specific third-parties noted in this Policy, USADA may also contract with other third-parties to provide various services to USADA relating to the Sites on an outsourced basis rather than performing the services itself. By visiting the Sites, all visitors consent to USADA providing both personal and non-personal information received from those visitors to these third party providers for the purpose of enabling the third party provider to provide these outsourced services to USADA. In addition, all visitors consent to the collection, maintenance, and processing of their personal and non-personal information by USADA and these third-party providers.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
Some users (in particular, European Union users) have certain legal rights to obtain information about whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time. Not all rights are available to all users. Rights to which you may be entitled include:
- Data access rights;
- Right to restrict;
- Right of Rectification;
- Right to Erasure;
- Right to object to processing;
- Right to withdraw consent; and
- Data portability rights.
We will use commercially reasonable security measures on the Sites to protect the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information under USADA’s control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information. In particular, email sent to or from the Services or the Sites may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to us via the Internet.
14. TRANSFER OF DATA INTERNATIONALLY
USADA is headquartered in the United States and has affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Sites may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Sites or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
15. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- USADA does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third-parties (particularly advertisers) know that you do not want to be tracked.
- Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; and (ii) the identity of those third-parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in Section 17.
- If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites or other Services. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us as specified in Section 17.
This Policy is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any disputes, controversies, and claims arising under, in connection with, or out of this Policy shall lie exclusively with the state courts located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, or the federal courts located in Denver, Colorado. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL USADA HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS POLICY, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.
17. CONTACTING USADA
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the information practices of the Sites or the Services. You may contact us as follows:
United States Anti-Doping Agency
5555 Tech Center Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Sites home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting the Sites and this Policy to check for any changes.